.

.

Friday, November 11, 2011

{11-11-11...}

means 2 VERY important things to me!


*****

#1 It is Veteran's Day & being that I'm WAY patriotic it's a BIG deal to me. Daddy served in Vietnam, both of my Grandfather's served along with countless other family & friends. We as Americans have MUCH to be thankful so today... tell a Veteran "thank you!". In my family, Cooner thought it very important for me to know each of the armed forces theme songs. We would sing @ the Legion for the Veterans & I can remember them standing, saluting, & crying during their song... I had no idea then what they had been through, but now as an adult I can try to imagine....


*****


THANK YOU Daddy for leaving your peaceful little Bloomfield to make it safe for Cooner & Travis, & me..... You are a HERO to me today & EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


and #2 today is my hunky husband's b-day & y'all know how I hate to throw parties- ha ha!!! And being the sweet little wife I am {or at least want to be...}; I've have been running around here crazy this morning.


*****


He loves pumpkin & ANYTHING chocolate... and since the office did cake yesterday.... We are making pumpkin brownies. I saw this recipe {only with a cake mix} & wanted to try it out. And since we have 1/2 a cake in the fridge.... why not??? Just mix 1 can of pumpkin {gasp- not real?} & one box of brownies- that's ALL. Bake for 35 minutes @ 350... We tried them... they are TO-DIE-FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


And since Christmas last year when my MIL got us this incredibly wonderful blanket, affectionately referred to as "the wookie" yes another Star Wars reference.... We ALL want to use it EVERY night. And just guess what I found @ TJ Maxx this week.... yep another Wookie in blue- yeah!!!!! I they let him open it up last night so he they could use it. We have a few more surprises up our sleeves tonight.. including a Custom Lego Capt. Rex mini figure that I'm pretty sure may make me WIFE-OF-THE-YEAR & if not that, at the very least MOTHER-OF-ALL-TIME! Joey has been watching one on eBay for weeks... You see- I have a husband that says he's into Lego's for our son.... but after 13 yrs together- he can't fool me. He loves them too!! I'm SO glad that he got a little boy to play with- although I know he wouldn't have minded another full face of make-up wearin' or tea party-lovin' little girl.


*****


The kiddos & I are fancy-ing-up the dining room; complete with pin the candle on the b-day cake & place cards from Prissy! And a delightful centerpiece made of Legos & puff balls from my other trusty assistant!!!!


*****


HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
SWEET
JOEY!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great day celebrating your hubby. And you would win some major awards in my house for scoring that lego mini figure!

    ReplyDelete