.

.

Monday, December 19, 2011

{fudge} & A-man's program...


Well... I think the holiday baking this year is nearing an end! We have baked for parties, school mates, teachers, neighbors, & co-workers. The kiddos have been a HUGE help this year- at least @ taste testing- ha ha! These last 2 weeks I have been missing my Grandma Sissy even more than when I have stains {she was a master stain remover} or when I make vegetable soup {hers remains the family's favorite}, or just when I wear one for her aprons. But... ALWAYS when I make "candy" her word for peanut butter fudge. I use her recipe faithfully {I hold it very dear because it is written in her beautiful writing}. This year I made her version & Paula Dean's- both were a hit, but Grandma Sissy's was the best!


*****


Paula Dean's Peanut butter Fudge:

*****


I wrapped mine just like Grandma- she hand wrapped each piece.


*****



Also- this year I added 1 cup butterscotch bits to my brownies- THANKS Carol! They were a HUGE hit!!!


*****


My A-man had his pre-school program last week... isn't he handsome!!!


*****


He & Syd stood next to each other.... of course!


*****


...and this year- HE SANG! {with all of his heart}!


*****


.... & I cried {with ALL of mine}!! Then I kissed his little face off & bought him some ice-cream!


*****


P.S. our Christmas break has officially begun around here..... let the fashion begin! This is Prissy's day #1 Pj/morning ensemble!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment