.

.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

"YUMMY Strawberry Bread!"


As I mentioned before; when I am stressed (ie the Cooner situation) I either bake or sew.... My sewing room has been reduced to out-grown clothing from my kiddos so... I have been baking up a STORM! My MIT group is having its "Open House" this morning so I volunteered to bring a little something... And well since a little something turned into a double batch... I am taking some of these YUMMY treats to Josey's class as well. I hope that the other 1st graders adore them like mine does??? Try out this recipe sometime. It is best in the summer when you can use fresh strawberries & fresh preserves- it is a favorite in our house!!!!!!!
~ENJOY~

1 & 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup butter , 1/2 tsp soda, 4 eggs beaten, 1 cup strawberry preserves (fresh is best), 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red food coloring,
1 tsp vanilla, 3 cups flour, 1 tsp lemon juice

(bake in mini muffin pan @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes)

cream cheese icing:

2 cups powder sugar, 2-4 tsp milk, 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese, & 1/2 cup butter


"delight yourself in the Lord & he will give you the desires of your heart.."
~Psalms 37:4~

PRAISE REPORT: Cooner may get to come home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go here for more YUMMY dessert ideas:
www.kellyskornershowusyourlife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment