.

.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Harris house....


So.. my dream house has always been a white washed federal style house with lots of ivy and concrete pineapples on the porch.  And also may or may not have included a Barbie camper in the driveway... once upon a time.  I put the whole federal style thing away because we bought a colonial style and I'm content in my circumstances # firstworldproblem  I'm working through the pineapples..  
But.. the brick thing just wouldn't go away.  I've pinned every painted brick house that has crossed my path and took pictures out the window on every road trip we went on.  I've hinted not so suttley to the tallest person here for years... but no bait!  Finally while in the yard with A-man playing catch I said.. "Can't you just see the house all painted with pretty wooden shutters?"  "Yes!  Is is a no Mama?" he said.  "Yep!" I said still squinting almost seeing my dream come true.  "Is it a 5% chance Mama?" he's always been a numbers kid :)  "I think it's maybe a 5% but that's it."  "Well you know what they say?" he said.  "NO?  What do they say?" now back to reality.  "A happy wife is a happy life!" laughing while saying it.  "Where on earth did you hear that?" thinking how wise and profound he seemed.  "Rio 2".  Which opened up a complete dinner discussion that went something this this..  "A-man what did you tell me today in the backyard?"  "Oh the happy wife is a happy life thing Mama?"....  Which turned into a laugh...  Which turned into you can get a quote...  Which turned into a call that night...


*****



Which turned into a sample test..


*****



Which turned into this!!


*****



Glory BE!


*****



Then we built a burn pit.  Because every good marriage needs a home improving project to keep it dependent on God!


*****



The littles LOVE it!  And so do we.  The lights are my favorite.  Then we lost our minds a got a zip-line.  AWESOME!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment