.

.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas tour {2012}...

I {heart} Christmas time...  & I {heart} home tours!  Here is a little peek into our neck of the woods.   Hope y'all enjoy!


*****


The guest room/office/workroom got a new little Chalkboard message.  I love carol lyrics, but I do need to work on my freehand....  and I need to invest in a chalk pen:)


*****


Decorating less makes me feel better {although Cooner would disagree- ha ha}?  It is clean and lovely- all at once.



*****


This year I started out with this wreath- simple and real...


*****


But then I saw a burlap wreath that made my heart smile.  Then I remembered the yards & YARDS of burlap that I had from the Medieval Feast...   Which one do you prefer?


*****


Our tree... Cooner was here for that part.  A Christmas miracle in itself!


*****


A-man's tree got a little pirate-y this year!  And he was VERY obliged to use EVERY sword and patch he owned... Bless his little heart!  And the tree hardly even cares that it's 1/2 naked most days cause the boy wears the ornaments!!


*****


Prissy's tree went from Princess to Ballerina this year....  I'm happy and sad about that!  But.. it is super cute- just like her!


*****



I got this from my Grandfather's old auto parts store {Hord's Auto}....  It once held his business stamps and tools.  This year my Christmas cards are parading around it.  It makes me smile & think of him!


*****


every nook in the main living space gets a touch of sparkle...


*****


I am in total L-O-V-E with these little cardboard cut outs from Michaels.  They are my new favorite gift tags!!


*****


And if you need a quick gift... I'm also LOVING this little Rosemary herb basket from Wally.  It makes the whole kitchen smell wonderful {$5.00}


*****


  Prissy & I made this pompom wreath {Anthropologie knock off- haha}.  I think I like her???  However ours cost about $3.00 and is about 1/3 the size of their $289 beauty....


*****


My kiddos made their 1st ever {gasp} gingerbread houses this year.... And I think we are believers- this may become a tradition.  They are adorable!! 


*****


 And since my sweet little kiddos also made a Christmas Lego Village .... I did what any good mother would do... I hugged their proud necks & put a glass plant dome over the precious thing- {sorta Anthro-style chic right?}   {Only I told them the glass was to protect it- Shhh!}


*****



I only have one thing to say about this... I painted it the 1st year we were married- I've tried to get rid of it every year since- Joey says I had better never try again.......  Heaven help me!  


*****



Thanks for stopping by...  
I pray you have a wonderful Christmas Season
 & that Jesus remains your treasure always!!

Merry Christmas!!

p.s.  I'm linking up with Kelly , the Nester, & the Inspired Room...


9 comments:

  1. I always love when you post your decorations! I love the last pic!!!


    Http://countryrootscityliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks gorgeous as always! i wish i had 1/2 of your decorating style and even 1/3 of your energy! i can't believe you painted that-it looks awesome!
    love you
    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your home is so beautiful! i love the soft blues with the neutral palette- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card holder! That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is beautiful!! And your handwriting on the chalkboard is GORGEOUS!! I can't ever get mine to look write so I don't even try to make it pretty anymore. ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is very elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very fun, and memorable, way to display your Christmas cards. :) Popping by from the Nester's party to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are lovely, I like your burlap wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is just beautiful! I love your tall narrow tree and the wide ribbon on it, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete