.

.

Friday, September 02, 2011

"Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" {then & now}


Four {very short} years ago we took Prissy to Disney world. The A-man { 7 months old- gasp} stayed home with Cooner & Papaw. Prissy told EVERYONE in EVERY line that "she had a baby brother at home & Disney World was NO place for babies!". She totally ate up our attention & it was our pleasure to give it to her!!!! But... I digress, we took her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique & it was MAGICAL!!!!!!! Prissy chose to "become Ariel" {her very favorite at that time}. She was introduced to her "Fairy- Godmother-in-Training" & with a wave of her wand promptly sized her up "Hum I'd say you're a little taller than Tinkerbell, but shorter than Ariel... about a 4T." Prissy just beamed with joy & I.... well I cried. Joey had to take most of the pics that day!!!


*****


First she chose her nail polish...


*****



& they started on her hairstyle "Disney Diva"- {complete with a hair piece!}


*****


Then on to the make-up portion complete with facial jewelry!!!!


*****


Next they had her close her eyes & waved a magic glitter wand over her!


*****


Ta Da!!!
I'd say she made the PERFECT Ariel!!!!
{dont't ya just wanna squeeze her? I did!!! A LOT!!!}


*****


And this is her with a tiny bit of sass in her pants. She strutted around Disney World ALL day holding her wand & waving. A group of Nuns passed by and asked "you look beautiful, what Princess are you?" Prissy {wasting NO time} responded "I pray every night for Jesus to make me a mermaid, now just look at me!" I could have died laughing or crying- I'm now sure which???


*****


Now this year {4 years later}... she asked her daddy "if she could go one more time before she gets too old?"- she knows just how to work him. He agreed & it was precious!! She opted to get hair, make-up, nails, & instead of picking a princess dress- she got a twirl skirt & jewelry {I think she's getting more & more like me by the minute- ha ha}!!!!! A-man & Joey made their way to the Lego store {surprise surprise} while I watched the magic happen!!!!!!


*****


First off, she picked out the nail polish- the sparkly sparkliest in ALL of Disney World {I do believe}!!!


*****


Then the shade of eye shadow & lip gloss that she preferred!!


*****


Next on to the hairstyle - "Disney Pop Princess''. It came complete with Minnie Mouse hair clips & a rainbow hair piece- yikes!!!!!!


*****


Then she made the wish & her Fairy-Godmother-in-Training {which by the way is the one on the Disney website- what can I say we have been there a few times while planning this trip!} waved the glitter wand all over her and whispered "bibbidi bobbidi BOO!!!!!" {yes- tears were shed- more than once that day!}


*****


It was magical!!!
{and she seemed little to me again some how!!!}


*****


... but she did look sassy & she LOVED it!!!!!
There were no Nuns that time, but many MANY admirers {including the 3 of us}. She waved & loved every minute of it. Her brother just kept looking at her... finally he asked. "Hey Momma can I get a sword & be Prissy's prince?". "SURE" I said.. "she'll need to be protected & you're just the guy to do it!!"



*****


And they all lived happily ever after.......


p.s. {if you go to Disney World & you have a girl- GO! It will be a thrill to you both, I promise!!!}



No comments:

Post a Comment