.

.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Princess and Prince Suites

Today I am joining in on the "Show Us Your Life" tour over at Kelly's Korner.  Prissy & A-man's rooms just happen to be 2 of my favorite in our house!!!  Prissy's was once our playroom in the above the garage bonus room.  It has the sparest of spare rooms {Pollyanna-like} feel to it & that adds a charm that is perfect for my sweet girl!!!!!


*****


I had to have a crystal chandelier for her room.... every girl needs sparkle!!!  It was the 1st purchase that I made for her nursery & we moved it upstairs to her big-girl room right along with her.


*****


Another little add-on {along with the hardwoods & sliding doors over the skylights- WONDERFUL idea if you have them} was making this little closet/armoire.  I sketched out a picture for our builder & it came to life... {I added the moldings & crystal door knobs afterwards}


*****


Inside holds a multitude of sins....  hair bows, shoes, and lots of other fancy things!!!!  And it is on casters and can me moved to either side of the room- which works out well cause her crazy Momma loves to move furniture A LOT!!!!


*****


And... my little girl loves crafts almost as much as her Momma!  She needs her own desk to house ALL of her supplies {that I sometimes borrow}!  I picked this desk up for $20.00 at a tag sale.  It matches the rest of her set {that was once mine... long long ago, in a kingdom far far away}.


*****


I found this little bed at another estate sale {her room is about 90% treasure hunt finds}.  It has a better mattress than our bed {the things we do for our kiddos}, but I have peace knowing that my little Princess & our company have the best- wink wink!!!!  Also I love the little dressing screen in the back of the photo- that's where my Princess changes & plays the keyboard...


*****


Her bookcase {$5 find from Cooner -painted out Jersey Cream to match the rest of her furniture} is filled full of books from American Girl - Fancy Nancy - The Secret Garden - Little Women... but you can't see them.  I made this little curtain to hid them and make the room a little more grown-up & fancy....


*****


Another view with the pink silk curtains {also from her nursery}- yet another reason why NOT to go with a theme that can NOT grow with them.  I love these cabbage roses & pinks & silks just as much as I did 9 years ago.....  I can't believe that it's been 9 years...


*****


My latest tag sale find- precious armoire for $20.00!  It is stuffed FULL of ALL things girly.....  I give it credit for being the main reason that her room stays so clean :) 


*****


My A-man's Quarters were once the nursery.... it is a much smaller room, but I assure you just as much magic takes place here!!!!  His bed I found at a tag sale too {surprise surprise}!  I was dead against him getting a "car bed" even though Joey was ready to add one to the Amazon cart just as soon as we found out we were having a boy!!!  It is iron, super cute, fits a twin mattress, low to the ground.... ALL the things that make my heart go Vroom Vroom!!!


*****


His ONLY request is for a place to show off his treasures = Star Wars Legos.  So this little bookcase {$20 at a flea market} is the perfect solution.  It is low enough for him to pick & choose and just the right size to fit on this odd shaped little wall...


*****


I ordered this little chandelier off of ebay when I was on bed rest.  Joey was against a boy having a chandelier.... Not to worry folks- {a little brown spray paint and some match box cars painted to match & glued on.  Then a smidge of blue craft paint to brighten it up a bit} = makes it boyish enough to pass- wink wink!!!!!


*****


And what little boy room would be complete without an arsenal of weapons..... We've got ya covered is your forget yours!!!!!!  This little galvanized barrel is perfect for swords, light sabers, & nerf guns!


*****


This is one of 2 "new" pieces that I bought for the room {the other being the little leather club reading chair from Target}.  I had our neighbor/carpenter convert the bottom 3 shelves into drawers.  The top is... well for Lego storage {along with 2 sliding rubbermaid containers under his bed}...


*****


His closet is tight.... I painted his sister's pink dollhouse bookshelf brown and called it a "fort" he loved the idea.  Now he has a special place for his cars, G I Joes, Automoblox, and other treasures.....


*****


I love the "old world" feel of this canvas U.S. map above his bed.  It sorta ties together all of the car bedding & is a focal statement.  I have an itch to change his room soon- so stay tuned...


*****


... and let me just say- I have the best memories in these 2 little rooms!!!  I still come in several times a night to check on my little joys {my kiddos NOT my tag sale finds- ha ha}!!!
  Thanks for stopping by..... can't wait to see your little rooms!!





6 comments:

  1. Love the princess room!!!! Visiting room Kelly's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both rooms are adorable! Dropping by from KK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking a peek at my kiddos' rooms! I love your princess's room- especially her adorable bedding and that armoire on casters- great idea! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking a peek at my kiddos' rooms! I love your princess's room- especially her adorable bedding and that armoire on casters- great idea! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your estate sale finds! Adorable rooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be happy with a car bed like that too!

    ReplyDelete