.

.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Happy July 4th....


Oh my word!  I've missed my little blog world and my two followers {counting Cooner}!  We had the best time on the 4th!  Here's a little recap...


*****



A-man won the 1 mile fun run.  Prissy opted out of the "all for 1 and 1 for all" mentality that Joey has embodied- to make us participate in said events :)  In her defense... her bestie broke her foot this week and Prissy has always been one to sympathize with the wounded.  Hence the sudden "need" for an athletic wrap on the morning of the race.  A-man was Presh!  He darted out {like all the other littles in the race}.  Then I called him back.  "A-man stay with Mama.  You will be happy you did."  "But the other boys are gonna win!" he said already holding his side.  In the end, he took my advice and stayed with me.  We passed those boys on the second turn.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't smile when we did!  Then he saw the finish line and panted...  "Mama.. don't pass me okay?"  I cried and slowed down.  He bolted to the finish and WON!!!!


*****



And speaking of winners....  Who else do you know that could produce this many flags in one trip to the attic???  Besides Cooner???


*****



Then again..  how many flags is too many for a parade??


*****



Joey said he was embarrassed to drive us... But then on the second lap of the parade, admitted that his embarrassment had in fact turned to pride.  Then somehow talked us into yelling "Happy Birthday America!" as we strolled past the judges.  SHAMELESS!!!


*****



SO FUN!!!! 
I'm so thankful for the freedom we have and these 3 monkeys to celebrate with!!!


*****



I love this cutie pie!
  Pollyanna is an American Classic.





No comments:

Post a Comment