.

.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread..

Last night my little A-man and I made this......  Y'all it was sinfully delicious!!!!  I let him stir in ALL of the ingredients {a stretch for this Momma I assure you}.  Joey and Prissy were at ballet and the boy and I moved mountains while they were away.  I sheared his little head of hair- "you are welcome Cooner" :)  Then he jumped in the bath & we headed to the kitchen.  Here is our recipe- it makes 2 loafs & I popped one in the freezer last night.... and got it back out this morning!  It is that GOOD!!!

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1-1/2 cups canola oil
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips {we "accidentally" added an entire bag of Ghirardelli morsels- ha ha} 

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes

*****


... and as if pumpkin, chocolate, and 60 degree weather couldn't get any better?  I whipped up a batch of Cooner's cream cheese icing... and pulled a Paula Dean & dunked ever bite it the sinful stuff!!  Heaven I tell you.........  and the others agreed.  BEST PUMPKIN BREAD EVER!!!!


*****


While the bread was in the oven... the A-man made these!  They are back by popular demand 3 years and counting.... **Dollar tree pumpkins with Mr. Potato Head pieces**


*****


And on the way home... we stopped by a consignment shop and picked up this little ocean old print for $2.00.  I have high hopes to do a gallery wall of beach/ocean prints in the living room someday.  This is my 1st one!!


*****


This morning I made her look a little more "Harris" like.   I couldn't love her anymore!!! 
 I hope y'all are having a great day too.....





No comments:

Post a Comment