.

.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"falling for FALL..."



Oh my word... getting up to the chill of Fall air does my heart good!  I am LOVING my new Charleston storm door... LOVING I say.  So much so that I made her a little fall necklace :)


*****

Much better!  I didn't think I could love my burlap any more...
 Then I went and changed out her bow.... 


*****


Then I went and added some GOLD pumpkins to the mantle and birds.. and peacock feathers... and whatever else I could find.  


*****


I'm trying to go less Halloween and more Fall...
 purely for the fact that Fall can be used longer
 and I'm lazy like that!


*****


So.. I instead of adding spiders...
 I added feathers.


*****


Instead of writing a chalkboard spooky message... I drew some antlers???  I know I hate myself for saying this but...  And I will NEVER live this down from my hunter-loving brother {whom I have fought about the insanity of mounting Bambi on the wall my entire life}.  But I want some antlers please dear brother... May I have some please please please???  


*****


And I wanted a velvet fancy pumpkin too... but sadly they are $27 and I'm not buying any decorations for Fall... So I made one {kinda pitiful but free}.  She is about to get a sister sometime tomorrow... I'm hoping she's a bit more festive but we shall see??


*****


A-man isn't into the whole "Fall" thing ...
 He wants more webs and spiders and the like...


*****


Prissy can be bribed with fake nails 
and hasn't mentioned a thing :)


*****


We did however put up our traditional ghosts
 around the tree in the front. 
 It just wouldn't be the same without them... 


*****


And this is reality-
 for those of you that might think my house is always picked up...


*****


And because I am contemplating a second reupholstering job in 1 week???  I must show you her again...  Isn't she lovey?  YES she is.  Joey even thinks "she's one of my bests!" 


1 comment:

  1. love love love! I;m with you on more fall, less Halloween. cause you know i'm way too lazy for all the changeout for thanksgiving! :) love you friend! kristy

    ReplyDelete