.

.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

gold..... the new black

So... recently {and by that I mean this week} I am swooning over GOLD.  I want some in every room....  It's a sickness!  I went through 2 cans of metallic GOLD spray paint in 1 DAY!


*****


  
I started small... birds and tins and tea towels.


*****


Then I got a teeny bit bolder with mirrors and picture frames...


*****



Then I remembered the great corner chair in my closet.  Remember the one that Cooner picked up for me last year??  She came home with me brown, then I painted her white and distressed her...  Finally.... I taped her off and she got a dusting of gold.


*****


Then I found a great vintage {sorta old lady print} that I of course LOVED!  It fell right into my current favorite color palate of GOLD, peachy/pink, and mint green {gasp}.  I know....  I have been running from these 3 since Cooner showed me her wedding photos and these 3 amigos were her wedding colors- YIKES! {and yes that's a box fan in the background- it's stifling down here in the south right now!} 


*****


But.. in the end.  I ADORE my chair and her corner style even more.  Although I must say re-upholstering is not my favorite thing.  And I do NOT have another chair re-do in my immediate future...  But.... it was SO worth the blood, sweat, and tears!!  And I shopped my attic and found this little side table {Prissy bought it for me 2 year ago out treasure hunting with Cooner}.  It's the perfect compliment just like her!!


***** 


Moral to the story-
  #1 it's cheaper to diy but it could kill you
#2 gold is the new black- every room need a touch of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment