.

.

Friday, January 16, 2015

looking for the extraordinary...


I have a small number of friends and of course Cooner, who think I can do things.  I'm about 10 % talent and 90 % try.  That's it!  I'm an ordinary girl who happens to love very extraordinary things...  I see something, know that I cannot afford it {or usually would not buy it at that price}, then scour thrift stores or cut up sheets, or dumpster dive, until I make something to its equal.  Also... this place. this blog- it's a highlight reel!   


*****

But I do so get convicted as to "what my mission is in this world?"  Surly the Lord has more for me than party planning and bows???  Then I read this...  

Amen!

*****


And.. while we are on the subject of creativity...  Prissy hosted an American Girl tea party. She made these little chocolate covered pretzels for the dolls {paper straws dipped into brown paint then sprinkled with paper confetti}.  Then she proceeded to wrap them up and add jute.  My cup runneth over!!


*****

.. and these ice cream sandwiches, little cakes and sundaes complete with cherries on top.
ALL BY HERSELF!!!
 I adored every last thing she made!!


*****


And not to be undone by his sister.. my A-man made me this!  He is currently VERY into the Revolutionary War.  I think these are totally framable!!


*****


And this... makes me smile.  I little Lego girl {handmade for me} in my jewelry dish.
 I {heart} him!!!

Don't miss the wonderful ordinary... while you're hard pressed to find the extraordinary! 
 Let's enjoy today and all of its wonderful!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment