.

.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

the little things...


As of lately... I'm appreciating the little things.  I {heart} them!  Reading... I think my husband might actually love me more when he sees me reading ;)  Cooking...  definitely getting points for doing that more regularly.  And I LOVE it!  The snuggles in the morning when she crawls into my bed.  The talks on the way home about his recess siege and Revolutionary War re-enactments. 



*****



Our new donut pan. 
I adore her!
 Heaven on earth!
{baked- so I feel better about making them more often}


*****



Thrift store finds... 
 I'm now at a stage where I need functional furniture... not just pretty. 
 Gone are the days where I can buy a rickety chair and it will last :(  


*****



Trying to offset the monstrosity of the state of my carpet in the master...  
with the help of a herringbone cowhide!!  


*****



Giving new life to the playroom... when help from an old friend!  
A-man's teepee has been up in the attic for years.  Now it's getting some PT- the kids love it.  I can just see him crawling into it when he was a babe.


*****



But now... he's big. 
 Or at least you would think he is if you were to be quizzed by him.  Momma who said "Give me liberty or give me death?'  Momma "who dumped tea into the Boston harbor?"  "Do you know what a sugar tax is?"  "I do!"


*****



And... only 2 more teacher lunches to go until I retire.  
It's gonna be a nautical theme.  Lord knows I have a few shells to contribute.  And I do so love a cloche.  So I decided to try my hand at making a few for our teachers out of wine glasses...  I'm loving them so far- only 57 more to go!!




No comments:

Post a Comment