.

.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Hello gorgeous....


It's {dare I say it} FALL here in the Carolina's y'all!!  I can hardly stand myself.  I LOVE everything about it... the clothes, the fact that I can finally serve soup to my family without an apology {because I make it even when it's 100 degrees- smiles}, football- my hubby mostly but, I can rock a collegiate hoodie like it's my job! leaves {can I get an AMEN}, and break {YES... I adore my kiddos school for many reasons- they are getting an incredible education while hearing sound biblical truths, and.... they get 2 weeks off during October!!!!  We escaped to the mountains again and it was glorious.  Cooner even said my voice sounded better.  There is just something magical about real burning fire places and cabins that is medicinal for my soul. More on our trip later but I tasted one of the best soups EVER created at a little eatery called "Over Yonder" in Valle Crucis. 


*****



I'm trying to recreate the blessed thing this minute...


*****



It has collards, tomatos, white beans, and ham... delicious I tell you.  DELICIOUS!


*****



Our leaves are just beginning to turn here.. They are peaking in the  Banner Elk.


*****



We got SPOOKED while we were away.. So we SPOOKED last night.


*****



I've gotten all of my fur out... And I might have clipped some fall hydrangeas at the cabin and I might have begged my husband to take them home....


*****


And if I did?  I might put have some in the dining room and added some feathers :)


*****



and some creepy 


*****



crawlers


*****



The living room is ready for Halloween..  I added more cozy throws and sweater pillows- heaven I tell you!


*****





*****



Although I did scale.. WAY back this year.  A-man was a tad disappointed in me :(


*****



The master got some alpaca inspired pillows... 


*****



And.. just keeping it real- this is the current state of my dining room.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment