.

.

Sunday, May 08, 2011

{Happy Mother's Day}

Today I am still away in Ethiopia... but couldn't let this day go by without letting Cooner know how much I {heart} her! By now I am 10 days into my mission trip and that means 10 days since I've talked to Cooner- {a record for us}. I was thinking & thinking about how I could bless her today & then just started remembering ALL of the things that she's done for me over the years like...

How she used to fix me up EVERY time we left the house {no kidding even when we went to the IGA she had a bow in my hair} and now Prissy knows where I get it from..

How she would go without even essentials for me to have better...

Or how in nursery school- she made personalized cookies for everyone.... with braided hair & pony tails... I can still see them!

How she could whip up a dolly dress in minutes if I asked her to....

How she ordered 6 coats to be made for my cabbage patch dolls in the winter {because I was worried about them getting cold}...

How she wrapped up EVERY single girl scout cookie order with paper & a big gift tag that said "thank you for ordering from Ashly".... because she thought they needed a little something special!!!

How she {gently persuaded me} to model in the style show by buying me a new doll...

How she quit her job to stay at home with me.... and would be waiting for me when I got off of the bus....

How ALL of my friends wanted to spend the night @ my house for the fun craft projects that she had planned....

How she would teach all of us new songs {oldies} on the way to gymnastics every Wednesday... and we would sing them at recess....

How the teachers would ALWAYS ask her to volunteer, because she was the best & always said "yes"...

How she gave me her best pans to make mud pies in the Sycamore Inn {our brilliant grapevine tree house in the woods}...

Or how she would come into my room in the middle of the night to feel my head & give me medicine...

How she took me prom dress shopping in B-town & made me promise NOT to tell Daddy how much they cost {is that love or what?}

How she would come every week to take me out to dinner when I was in college...


How she made a corness board for my dorm room... because I thought it looked a little bit "too cookie cutter"....

How she cried when I got engaged & even harder when I tried on my wedding dress...


How she poured her heart into my wedding & made it beautiful! And how I cried so hard when I left her... that Joey didn't know what to do with me {no kidding}!

How when she is out & sees something that I would love... she buys it & sends it to me!

How we talk 3-10 times a day on the phone {and I sometimes when the phone rings, say.... I only want to talk if it's Cooner, to Joey- sorry... it's the truth}!!!

How she came and held my little Priss & told me "everything would be alright & I was going to be a wonderful mother" and how I somehow believed her....

How she stayed with Prissy while my little A-man was in the NICU & loved on her just like I wanted... And when we finally came home... How she had spent a blue-million dollars on flowers for my porches to welcome us home with!!!

How she comes to my house & jumps right in; doing laundry, projects, cooking.... and makes thing better in such a magical way!

How she comes to town whenever we ask to keep the kiddos.... cause the Lord knows I don't let just anyone keep them!!!!!

How she is always thinking of others {to a fault} before herself...... She is precious to the core & these & a million more reasons are why she's my kindred spirit! I love her more than any daughter ought to be allowed!!!!!!!!!!



And how could I forget...
She has yet to miss one of my kiddo's b-days- and y'all who how crazy I get with their parties!!!! I mean really what other mother would dress up like a pirate for their grandson daughter???

Happy
Mother's Day
Cooner!!!



1 comment:

  1. Dearest Daughter, My cup runneth over. that was the most precious tribute that I have ever heard in my life. I have cried my eyes out. I love you pickle. Mom

    ReplyDelete