.

.

Monday, March 26, 2012

{the good ole days...}

Spring break is over {boo} but fun was had by ALL! We are back to school & that means no rest for the wicked {as Cooner would say}. And while we are busy I wanted to take time to tell you my sweet little cabbages- that I adore you! I truly count myself blessed among women to have you for my children.

*****

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only ones that know what my heart sounds like from the inside!"


*****

Last night Prissy asked us to write out things that we liked about each other- I thought it was totally brilliant. We each wrote down {after her careful instructions} on the paper {that she chose for us} the things.... Then she said "Momma's turn first, everyone tell her what she does that you like." It was so wonderful to hear what they really like-it wasn't the fancy dinners, the handmade costumes, or even the parties {gasp} that made the list. But instead- "I love your smile & how you give me lots of lovin' in my bed & you is good at washing my hair."- per the A-man. Prissy said, "I love Momma's sweetness, her encouraging me when I draw, she is always nice, & she helps me in the shower. She is just the best Momma ever!" And YES I cried & hugged their necks off. Then my sweet husband said, "You're a great runner, you are the best mom ever, you are unselfish when it comes to giving to others, & you are good at sewing." I smiled through the tears then, especially how running was high on the list- {it cracks me up what makes them proud}. All the while knowing that these are the 'good ole days & I am loving every minute of them!!!



1 comment:

  1. I truly think those good ole days fly by us and are gone in a ny minute. We only remember so take pics & blog so you can remember easier. I truly love the children & the old people they are so alike yet different. We can learn so much from both. Love You All, Cooner

    ReplyDelete