.

.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day fun!


This year the kiddos and I celebrated Father's day a teeny bit early with Joey.  He went on a boy trip to Utah with his college buddies & we got him some fun stuff for the trip.... Ya know new bike, new shoes, snacks.... stuff like that!  But... we couldn't let this day go without making him something special {y'all now we hate celebrating around here- ha ha}.  Prissy made him a coupon book filled with dates with her and chores like: washing his car, watching A-man while he does yard work {that one made me chuckle- they swing while he mows}, ice cream date {another chuckle- I guess he's buying}, and several others.  He is a lucky man!  


*****


I helped the A-man make him something "special from scratch" too. We started out by tracing his hands- I {heart} his chunky monkey hands....  


*****


On one hand we wrote 'I love you'


*****


in the middle we wrote 'this much"


*****


Then finished it off with A-man's little signature....  
I told y'all he's a lucky man!!  My A-man adores him more than I can express to you!!!!


*****


Then I played around with the paper {an 11x4 piece}.  I folded in in half-
Next I  cut in about 3/4 inch across each side 1 inch down the top..


*****


Then I made a little tie pattern...


*****

Lastly- I folded the tabs in, glued on the tie, and  added some buttons-
 TA DA!!!  
Happy Father's Day
 to the sweetest, best husband & famed father to my kiddos! 
 We ADORE you!!!!


...and 


Happy Father's Day
to Papaw- we ADORE you too!!!





1 comment:

  1. i love you mommy and what a great post!! I think you are the best!!

    From...Josey

    ReplyDelete