.

.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

dollar deals.....

Joey likes to jokes that "we are going broke saving money".  But... I tend to look at it as- we have saved an amazing amount of money from my "treasure hunting".  I spend on average about $1.oo a day at these said "consignment/tag sale/estate sale/Good Will" hunts. And sometimes that could mean an entire bag or maybe a book or maybe nothing.... It is after all the thrill of the hunt- I always have a list in my head!  It's a sickness- ha!  Here are a few of my latest dollar deal finds...


*****


I have a love for vintage table linens....  I should be ashamed, but I'm not!
I couldn't resist this little table cloth- $1.oo


*****


I {also} have a fetish for anything tiffany blue.... Cooner feeds into this sickness.  I love this little blown glass ball {from Cooner}- $0.25 cents


*****


...and I'm a sucker for cute vases- $0.75 cents


*****


I fell in love with this hot spinach artichoke dip served in a tiny iron skillet in Charlotte.  We went to the most wonderful little cafe called "The Dandelion Cafe"- YOU MUST TRY IT... IT IS WONDERFUL!!!  Anyway I have been spying a tiny skillet since- found one- $1.oo


*****


and I NEVER leave my Hubby out. After all... he is SO supportive of my treasure hunting- ha ha.  I found this little Anthropologie coffee mug for $1.oo


*****


And speaking from a woman with a hubby recovering from hernia surgery....  lifting the kiddo's kitchen up and down from the attic ain't fun!  I snatched this little cutie up for $2.oo and it fits perfectly in the pantry- where it gets used about every night!


*****


And the kiddos- they make out like bandits!  I scored these dress-up bracelets for my Prissy- $1.oo.  But... I think I might actually be borrowing 1 or 2 soon?? {If you have a little girl- you should be adding to a dress-up box of your own- SO FUN!!  Our collection is a bit of a masterpiece if I do say so!}


*****


A-man is usually with me on my adventures... I got this little pirate tent {new in the box} for $1.oo (it retails for over $75.oo)


*****


And I am always looking for Legos... I found a shoe box filled with mix match Legos {I just wash them and add them to the big box under his head}.  But this particular find I knew looked a little "Star Wars-y" - I must admit I know more than I should about the force and the galaxy!  I recognized some pieces and scooped it up for $0.75 cents- SCORE.  This little guy is apparently rare and I am Queen of this castle- YET AGAIN!!


*****


p.s.  notice the 2 backpacks.....  tomorrow my little A-man starts Pre-K!  I'm teary but he is pumped and that makes it a teeny bit easier.  More to come......


Happy
   Hunting!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment