.

.

Friday, August 03, 2012

welcome to 4G

....Yesterday my sweet girl started 4th grade{gasp}!   It was bitter sweet...  She seemed big & small all at the same time.  She had packed and re-packed her book bag about 8 times the day before {wanting to make certain ALL was in place for the BIG day}.  I think her new teacher is the perfect fit for the class {and Prissy loves her cute dresses & jewelry- ha}.  I decided Wednesday night to make the 1st day of 4G a "yes" morning.  When she asked to take more snacks than humanly possible to eat... I heard myself say "YES"!  When she asked for a squirt of perfume & if she could wear lip gloss?  I said "YES" again.  When she asked if I could curl her hair like for picture day?  I smiled {knowing that she is growing up} & plugged in the curlers!  Then she asked if I could ask Mrs. Z a few questions that she didn't want to ask {where do I keep my water bottle, am I allowed to have extra markers, can my mom do recess once a week}?  So I said "YES" {of course} yet again. Finally when A-man & I left her.... I squeezed her neck & she whispered in my ear- "Momma you'll be back to get me right?"  "YES" I whispered back........ with a lump in my throat!


*****


So when the A-man asked {after 2 hrs of errands including the market without a toy aisle} for this when we stopped at a tag sale on the way home....  I said "YES" even without thinking!  We were sad without our sweet Prissy & needed some retail therapy- ha!  He rode that thing for an hour when we got home....


*****


Then we picked Prissy up. She said the best part of 4G is that Mrs. Z loves arts & crafts!  I chuckled as I listened to every little detail.  It made me realize that we were gonna miss her even more tomorrow...


*****


So... I let Prissy & A-man help {stirring in EVERY last ingredient- YIKES} me made blueberry granola bars!  This is all that is left after last night & lunches today....  They LOVED them!


*****


I took this one of HM and Prissy yesterday...
{precious to the core- I tell you!}


*****


Here they are in Kindergarten
{couldn't ya just kiss their little cheeks off!}


*****


Then in 1st...
I {heart} them!!!


*****

And in 2nd
{at the SCCS walk-a-thon}


*****


Then in 3G
{with 2 of their biggest fans!}


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment