.

.

Friday, August 16, 2013

{I'm back from the mountains...}

{me & my bible study gals}
I {heart} the mountains!  My hair is emotionally allergic to the amount of moisture here in NC right now- I'm serious!  The mountains have NO humidity - can I get an AMEN??  I had an amazing time at the conference.  


*****


I took a chalk paint class with the owner of the Maison Blanch paint line..   And even though she is sorta a celebrity- she's a sweetie-pie.  {It was a zillion degrees in the studio.....  hence the big- "State Fair Hair" as my brother calls it. 


*****



 Here is the piece I took with me...
 Poor soul I rescued her from a tag sale :)


*****


And here she is in ALL of her glory {whoot whoot}.  Currently she resides on the landing... but I hope to find a more suitable place for her soon.


*****


Y'all... I met Edie!    


*****


Like any good southern girl with any sort of home training would do....  I took her a gift.  And Prissy sent one too {no shame I tell you}.  I took her a bag holder for her car & Prissy made her a duct tape purse.  She teared up....  I hugged her neck!!!  She was stunning!  And her "hospitality" session has changed how I view setting a table and making a meal.  I'm not sure if she will ever remember me.. but  I love her even more now!


*****


Then Amanda nudged me.... and pointed to the little pink bag that I had hand stamped the night before...
 Edie had but my little gift next to her up on the stage. 
 BE STILL MY HEART!!


*****


But.. by the time Sunday rolled around- I was ready to do laundry and braid hair.  I am a home body and missed the little faces & even though my hair would be sad to leave the mountains ...  I would not be.  I met up with my sweet family in Charlotte to see the Lion King.
  It was AMAZING!!!!! 
 I love going to shows with my sweet girl- she's getting big TOO quickly :(


*****


couple of quotes I don't want to forget:
*Prissy begged me to stay home on Friday because "Daddy can't do it alone... he let's us get away with things... he lets us run with sharp objects!"

*A-man's favorite part of Kindergarten "snack time I guess... ?"

*Hardest thing about Kindergarten "Uhm raising my hands to talk & buttoning my pants & keeping my shirt tucked in ALL DAY LONG!"


*A-man had a substitute teacher for the 1st time- he called her his "fake teacher" because his teacher had to "go to a grave yard thing" which I believe translates to a funeral...

*He loved school that day even more because "her gave us lots of chances and it really wasn't a hard day- we didn't have to learn anything."


No comments:

Post a Comment