.

.

Friday, August 02, 2013

1st day of school 2013


So.... I we made it through the 1st day of school.  THANK YOU for your prayers, texts, & calls throughout the day :)  It was an emotional roller coaster.  A-man begged me to stay home {insert sigh and tears}... but he can be bought with doughnuts  & loved his Star Wars backpack.... So he did finally get in the car :)  


*****


I opted for NO eye makeup so excuse this picture.  But... Joey insisted and I am in so few with the kiddos that I didn't protest....


*****

I knew she was gonna be okay once we opened up her locker jewelry i.e.- mirror, cup holder, magnets...  She ADORES 5th grade :)


*****


And... I knew he would be okay once I saw the BIG can of Legos set out for him by his teacher... Did I mention I helped her set up her classroom?  Well... I sorta mentioned that he was a tad nervous & that his love language just happened to be "Legos".  I {heart} her... but not as much as my A-man.  Who incidentally told me that "he missed me and wished he could just stay home & watch Lark Rise to Candleford, & leave his shirt untucked all day long."
  I hugged and kissed his little face right off!!


*****


Here's to hoping it gets easier to let them get big... 
 Happy weekend sweet friends!!




No comments:

Post a Comment