.

.

Monday, May 12, 2014

that time I begged my husband to knock a wall down... and he said yes!

So.. about 2 years ago I gotta thinking about making some attic space into a room??  Like the space above the master bedroom and bath and laundry closet...  "Wouldn't it be wonderful for another living space? A place for the kiddos to escape to.  A place out of site where messes could be left {but only overnight}", I thought to myself.  Then I ran it by the Mr.  who was at first reluctant, but finally came to his senses :) 


*****


At first it was just insulation with a touch of drywall... Then it became this!  We wanted it rustic- sorta-barn-feeling.  So we went with wooden paneling.  I adore it!!


*****


Then I dreamed up making a little loft for the kiddos to play in & still be able to see the TV for movie nights..


*****


Then I dreamed up some built-ins... Did I mention I don't sleep well??


*****


Then I found an old barn door at an estate sale....
  And some inexpensive barn style lights at ikea.


*****


And we have a little 1/2 bath that we love!  Now... it has quickly became the family favorite!  So much so that I have to keep their toothbrushes up here...


*****


  
Plus we now have a pull out sofa so BRING ON THE HOUSE GUESTS!!


*****


I'm ashamed to admit that I've only spent $20 on accessories...  I shopped the attic and filled the built-ins rather quickly :()


*****


My builder surprised me with these little cubbies in the knee wall.  Which sorta double as end tables for drinks and other fun!


*****


I gave up the skylight in my powder room to give the new room some natural light {Joey's brilliant idea".  It is fabulous!!!


*****


This is how the loft currently looks.... can you say Lego land?  I cannot begin to tell you the hours that my little curly headed boy spends up here...  PRECIOUS!


*****


It's LOVE. I. tell. you!


*****


Come on over...



No comments:

Post a Comment