.

.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

doing the next thing that blesses the next person in front of me.

That's my heart right now.  I get anxious.  A LOT.  I even feel it as I mention it.  I want to "measure up" or "fit in" or even at times "stand out".  Then I hear about a young father dying or a child being be-headed, and I sorta lose myself.  Why?  Then I think about here... in my house. What am I doing?  I'm doing the same things I do every Wednesday.  I get up and turn on the iron, then I start some laundry, then I get breakfast out and wake up the kiddos..... I get out uniforms, fill water bottles, make lunches....  the same things.  Almost effortlessly I can do these things...  I pray for these people- the mommas that have things they do every wednesday.  Only today is different for them.  I cannot fix what's happening around me, or over there.  But I can do the next thing that blesses the next person in front of me.  That's fixing a meal or braiding hair, or ironing a shirt today.  It sounds small and meaningless to most, but it is something.  It's a blessing.  That's what we are here to do.. to bless!  




No comments:

Post a Comment