.

.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

{peaches, parades , Paris & precious finds}


One of Joey's patients brought him these lovely creatures.... I wasn't sure what to use them for?? Cooner spouted off about 10 things right off the bat. I saw this on a blog that I love & it turned out absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! So summery & fresh & light & YUMMY!!!!


.Summer Peach Galette

{Paula Deen's perfect pie crust recipe}

10 ripe peaches

1/3 cup sugar

1 heaping tsp cornstarch

squeeze of lemon

1 egg white

{this recipe makes 2 galettes}


Peel and slice peaches, leaving a border of 3 inches of dough.


*****


Add a tiny squeeze of lemon to the peaches, mix cornstarch and sugar together in small bowl, then sprinkle the cornstarch and sugar mixture. {and because this brain of mine remembers random things like: Indiana became a state on Dec. 11th 1816 & nutmeg goes with peaches??? I added some. I know.... if only I could channel some of my useless memory for the good of man!!!!!}


*****


Wrap dough around peaches to form rustic edges, perfection not necessary. You can tuck in the edges underneath which also makes for a neater presentation.


*****


Coat dough with a small amount of egg white, then bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven when crust is golden brown.


*****


Bon Appétit !

{I'm starting to brush up on my french.... cause I'm gonna need it next week! Cooner & Daddy are headed into town tomorrow to keep the kiddos while Joey & I venture off to Europe!!! YES- I can't wait- we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary & I can honestly say "I would marry him ALL over again"!!!!!!!! I have a million things to do, but here are a few more little Harris' happenings....


*****


The kiddos & I decorated the golf cart for the neighborhood July 4th parade.... and WON! I was shocked {but NOT Prissy- she was very confident in our work}!


*****


...and I found this little darling thing for $1.00


*****


...a little chalkboard paint & some straws later- TA DA!! Isn't she PRECIOUS!!!
I {heart} her!!! I wonder what treasures I'll find abroad???


*****

Au revoir !



No comments:

Post a Comment