.

.

Friday, July 01, 2011

{perfect summer skirt tutorial}

I saw this idea on another blog & fell in love... I have been looking for a knit summer skirt forever & this one is PERFECT! I mentioned that all I needed was a soft old t-shirt & some elastic thread to Cooner on the phone.... and guess what came in the mail today? YES you guessed... she had sent me 2 of daddy's shirts {from Wally- soft & I LOVE the colors} and the thread. Now if she could just fly here & make it for me- ha ha. I got the kiddos started on coloring- promising to join them in 15 minutes........


*****


first get some soft men's t-shirts
{Good Will has them for $2.00, but they looked pretty worn. Wally has the best, I think for $3.00. I went with size L}


*****


then whack it off right under the arms


*****


then get yourself some of this stuff in the notion section of Wally


*****


and hand wind it around your bobbin
{don't try to do it with the machine- it knots up TRUST ME!}


*****


then get to work on the gathered waist. Gently give a little resistance with your machine & put it on a loose stitch setting. I just did 3 rows on this one {because I only had 12 minutes to spare by this time & the natives kiddos were getting restless...} But next time- I'm gonna shoot for 6 rows- I like the ruffly look. I LOVE my new summer skirt- perfect for the market, the pool, the beach, and school pick-up. The possibilities are endless & the price is even better!!!


*****


Have A Wonderful 4th!!!

and

Happy 2nd
Birthday Corbin !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment