.

.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

{the ROC...}


Well.... our church has been sponsoring the ROC {Reach Out Celebration} ALL about missions. We have been host to 11 different ministries from all over the world including India & Africa. All week Joey Cooner & I have been working our little fingers to the bone for the Men's breakfast this morning- WHEW! At first we were only making bacon & pancakes- that quickly changed {Wednesday night - OH about 11 pm}. The final menu included: pancakes, bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits, juice, milk, & coffee! It was a resounding success.... but sadly I didn't get 1 picture of the food, the table scapes, the stenciled ROC burlap, the country cut outs... or anything else. We were running around like mad this morning starting @ 5 am & didn't sit down until we got in the car around noon. But.... it was ALL worth it cause the men- they LOVED it! And God- He was glorified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


... my only picks of the beautiful gilded pumpkins & breathtaking leaves {all the way from IN- THANKS Precious Cooner!!}


*****


I think this says it all.... I only wish y'all could hear some of the testimonies from the missionaries. I have laughed & cried this week SO many times about how God is SO faithful to His people. The stories of human trafficking {in our country} & unwanted little girls left on the streets of India is so unthinkable.... but true! I we have MUCH to be thankful for!!!!


*****


Joey & I got all fancy last night for the Adult International Banquet! {with Cooner home with the kiddos- it was so fun going out & playing dress-up!}. Prissy raved over my dangly earrings... she just kept saying "Momma you look so pretty- those earring are amazing!" I think maybe I have failed her as a mother... I always wear studs- ha ha!!!!


*****


I just want to say... I could NOT & would NOT attempt this EVER without my sweet, patient, exceptional cook & gifted artist of a mother- helping me...... We have such a ball together, we need not even talk while we are working- we know what the other is thinking. THANK YOU Cooner- you are the BEST!!!!!!!!

p.s. and while I'm writing this... the woman is spot cleaning my staircase... the woman is a machine I tell you! Her mansion in heaven is gonna be RIDICULOUS!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment