.

.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

{keeping up the charade...}

We have been so busy lately that I haven't gotten to hit some of my favorite "junk stores". So.... when I got the chance this weekend to sneak out ALONE- {dare I say it}, I stumbled on some unlikely treasures. Now rule #1 of thrifting is: keep a running list going of things that you need. I call it "my mental needs list" which Joey thinks is a figment of my imagination... and that's partially true. When I come home with something he'll say sorta amazingly "I didn't even know we needed that" after I've driven home the point {the minute that he gets in the door}- that I've been looking for this for weeks...... & it's perfect..... & I saved tons of $...... and well you get the point!


*****


I really {wink wink} have been looking for one of these old watering cans with a fluted neck. This particular one was just the right size, I LOVE the color, & it was $2.00- SCORE!


*****


My little guy's arsenal of weapons is growing by the day.... and Christmas isn't even here yet! We formally had a little wire trash can, but it was easily knocked over when company comes & it was NO match for the "big guns"! Solution- this galvanized one that weighs about 10 lbs. It looks sorta retro-cool & is perfect in size. Total cost a splurge @ $8.00


*****


As I was leaving I noticed this little tree... the owner through it in for free. I attached it to one of the A-man's little vintage trucks. I love the look of it & I saw some of these for $15.00 on Etsy.


*****


Now as I was leaving again.... the owner {don't know his name, but he knows my little guy cause I dragged him along a few months ago :) } asked "is your little fella still into Star Wars?" "Yes Sir I said." "Does he like Legos?" "They are is love language right now, why do you ask?" I said. "Well I knew I had some Star Wars stuff around here somewhere... you give him this from me & tell him Merry Christmas!" Y'all I was shocked- I knew 2 little boys {Joey included} that were gonna be over the moon when I returned!!!


*****


Joey {being the novice gypsy- ha ha} looked on eBay to price it. It was an original Star Wars Lego- UNOPENED going for $195.00 on eBay! Needless-to-say we opened it! And it now has a shiny new spot on the "favorite" shelf. I guess I have no other choice but to keep up this whole "junking" charade .... it's a chore but it must be done!!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


p.s. this little picture says it all. 3 of my most favorite things in the whole wide world. And one of them is clutching a new Lego in this pic.................


No comments:

Post a Comment