.

.

Thursday, December 08, 2011

{stocking shop talk....}


So... when I went away to IU Cooner sent with me: a glue gun & floral wire?? I know I looked at her crazy-like. I swear if y'all knew how much I used those things then.... and how much I do now- it would amaze you! Now speaking of crafting.... let's talk stockings! This year I wanted to go neutral & knew that the red & green oldies {circa 2001- when the Mr. & I moved to NC} had to go! I found some white ducking fabric @ Wally for about $8.00/yard {60 wide}. **do not count out Wal-mart for your fabric needs**


*****


I started out with a pattern out of a shirt box {I left it @ Cooner's}. One thing these new ones needed was to be FUNCTIONAL. The others were a bit narrow at the top- these are NOT {I like to stick DVD's etc in them}. I decided to go the easy route & not even turn them once I stitched them- gasp!!! I think they are prettier with the more sorta worn look & they took all of about 5 minutes each {including the cutting}!


*****


Next I added {with the help of Cooner's button box & Carol's advice- THANKS girls!} some buttons & other ruffly scraps....


*****


~Joey's~
{simple with faux fur, scrap popcorn fringe, & a sweater button from who knows where?}


*****


~Mine~
{with a ruffle & a rose made from a sheet- you know me so well!! Finished off with a VERY girly button with a genuine imitation diamond!}


*****


~A-man's~
{sorta rodeo}- I couldn't make "lego" or "star wars" neutral.... so I told him that "he's the deputy around here & he can carry a pistol"- he smiled! Star buttons & a cowboy boot button finished it off on top of faux fur & some cream felt circles {courtesy of Antropologie- I love how they wrap gifts to me!!}


*****


~Prissy's~
{hers... well makes me smile! I had to add a rose cause she asked :) & the little antique crystal buttons were my grandmothers. I added some cream canvas ribbon as an outline to make it a little more "girly".}


*****


Total cost = $8.00 for enough fabric for: 4 family stockings, 3 American Girl Stockings, & a tree skirt {unfinished I'm afraid until next year}....... The happiness that they bring= PRICELESS!!

:: case in point that it doesn't cost a lot to make the holidays special ::


No comments:

Post a Comment