.

.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

{on the 5th day of CHRISTmas...}


... my book page wreath came to be: 5 bazillion book pages, 4 dollars spent, 3 3rd degree burns {from the glue gun}, 2 hours in prep, & a wreath that makes my heart smile!!!


::the book page wreath tutorial::


*****


First get yourself an old book, a foam wreath form {$4 @ Michael's with coupon}, & your glue gun!


*****


Next rip out all of the pages.... don't worry it doesn't her. Although I did feel a tiny smidgen guilty... at first. But- by about page 30 the shame & guilt were gone!


*****


Begin folding the pages {ripped side out- to make it a little more fancy} in sort of an accordion style like this.


*****


Over lap and keep going..... until you think you might die of boredom or glue gun burns........ Then fill inside the wreath with shorter pages {I clipped the pages in 1/2}. Until it looks full enough.


*****


Then set back & marvel at your work. I wasn't sure at first... but I LOVE her now!!!


*****


And I think she can stay up after the CHRISTmas tree comes down. Which makes me SUPER happy!!!


*****


p.s. I found some star fish... Do y'all like the tree better before or after???


*****


And... my little A-man made this little angel for me. Isn't it precious. I asked him "why she looked sad?" He said "he didn't know how to make a smile face, but she was happy on the inside!" {very seriously}. ::update - A-man has now mastered a "smiling face" thanks to his sister!::


Merry CHRISTmas eve Y'all!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. LOVe the StARFISH!!!! its very NC! :)
    merry christmas from the Booths!

    ReplyDelete