.

.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

{easy-does-it....}


I have been e-a-s-i-n-g into the whole Christmas decorating thing this year.... Partly because we went away over Thanksgiving & that's when I like to decorate, but mostly because Cooner isn't here to make the most tedious of tasks fun!!! However... I have 2 make that 3 eager elves around here that will not be "just one more day-ed" anymore- ha ha. I think our tree is done {for the most part}. It is much MUCH less excessive than last year, but I think it will do? The kiddos' trees are up.... I think you can guess which one is the A-man's!!!!


*****


He insisted on putting his "bath-time" Star Wars guys on it. I think it is positivity precious... much like the little boy that falls asleep looking at it!


*****


Chewy took top honors this year.....


*****

Prissy chose a more traditional tree with feather boas & tiaras & jewels... I wish she were more fancy- ha ha. I made her these little stockings for Lucy, Lanie, & Lizzy with scraps from our new stockings that I FINALLY finished- AMEN! I can't wait to show you how great they turned out!!!!


*****


The kiddos got their 1st ever Advent calendars tonight- gasp! A-man got this one- no surprise! He could hardly eat dinner tonight... he is so excited to get the tiny gun ship & the tiny Yoda & all the other "tiny-s" that come along with it!!


*****


Prissy got this cheapo from the Fresh Market. I was sorta in a panic with not having anything for her & knowing she would want to open something every morning like the A-man. She adored it- and the sparkly pj's that came along with it :) . And thanks to 3rd grade Latin- I just learned that "advent" is a verb meaning coming... which implies the "coming of the King=Jesus"! Am I the only one that didn't know that... please tell me I am not???


*****


p.s. Prissy & I decked out her classroom for "Crazy Christmas" tonight- SO FUN!!! Let's just say the spirit shield may have a new home- ha ha. And.... the A-man & I are headed there tomorrow to teach the 3rd grade all about the nervous system & the circulatory system- YIKES!!! I have a few fun surprises up my sleeve.... but I am NO public speaker {even with little people}!




No comments:

Post a Comment