.

.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

{Easter Highlights...}


I hope y'all had a WONDERFUL Resurrection Sunday! We headed south to Atlanta- home to: Lego land, An American Girl Store, Flea Markets {be still my heart} & Awesome Church services! And before I go any further I want ya to meet these little critters! They are the very FIRST thing my kiddos look for when they get up. They have each gotten their 1st hair cuts already.... I {heart} spring time!!!!


*****


First.... we went to the American Girl store- SO FUN!!! I have a blue million pics to share someday soon, but here are a few... This is us Prissy deciding on the "perfect" gifts for the ones left at home {Lizzie & Lannie}.


*****


Prissy decided to take Lucy this time. "After all Momma- she is the oldest & wants to spend time with just me sometimes." These were her words- I knew she was trying to tell me a thing or 2. So... I took the hint & sent the boys packing {or to the toy store- ha ha}. Lucy got the ROYAL treatment folks! She got her hair done & her ears pierced. And she was VERY brave & was given careful instructions on aftercare of the ears from her stylist. Prissy hung on EVERY word!


*****


The American Girl Store did not disappoint again! In the end- she decided on: new earrings for Lizzie & a new outfit for Lannie. I {heart} 8 yr olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


And... I {heart} that the stylist in the AGD Salon put these little rubber bands on Lucy's shoes so they wouldn't fall off! I can't tell you the number of times we have back tracked over the last 5 yrs in search of a missing little 18 in doll shoe- YIKES!!!!!!!!!!


*****


Then my SALT-OF-THE-EARTH husband asked "Hey Honey do you want to check out some Flea markets?" I mean really does that even need to be asked... NO! I went to about 50 little nooks like this one & found several little treasures. It was my highlight {up to that point} of the trip!!


*****


"Finally!" in the words of my sometimes not-so-patient, but trying-his-best-waiting until the last day for his "fun" self said. We went to Lego Land! We just followed the yellow brick bags- ha ha! They led us straight there- truly. It is just what is sounds like. Complete chaos wrapped up with mounds & mounds of bricks to make things with in every line to every ride- pure genius I think I should add!


*****


Then throw in a few flying machines made completely of Legos... some 3D Lego movies.... & more Lego building!!!!!!


*****


And as if that's not enough- you get to take "building classes" & test your work out on the track... We did- about a million times!


*****


Finally when your completely broken.... you have to leave through the gift shop. GENIUS I tell you! The A-man decided that it was totally worth the wait!!!!


*****


We ended our trip with an Amazing church service at Passion City Church {the highlight of our trip by far!}. Where we got to hear Louie Giglio & we got to worship with Chris Tomlin & Matt Redman!!! It was spectacular & we are now newly obsessed with Matt's new album called "10,000 Reasons". And you will be hearing me sing, hum, or talk about his song called "Bless the Lord". Y'all have to watch this!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment