.

.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

{Princess Leia hair tutorial...}


Today I'm baking a cake for our school's biggest fundraiser of the year {no pressure- ha ha}. More to come on that later... But first I had to show you the little Princess Leia Hairpieces. I think they will be a hit & I am 100% girl so I had to do something princess-y & I'm running the show, so humor me PLEASE!!!


*****


First get: your glue gun, brown felt, brown yarn, & a headband.


*****


Then cut out some circles out of the felt {I used a large coffee mug as my template}.


*****


Next cut 9 yard length pieces out of the yarn & tie them together at one end like this.


*****


Then divide them into 3 sections & braid them together.


*****


Start in the middle {tucking in the end of the braid} & begin twisting & gluing the braid all the way around your felt circle.


*****


Until it looks something like this- or better!


*****


Next secure your bun to the headband with glue & finish it off with a small scrap of felt.


*****


TADA!
Instant Leia hair with NO fuss or hair pins! Can I get an "Amen" or what!!! {Carrie Fisher would have loved this back in the day- ha!)


*****

p.s. I made a trip to Lowes today for free boxes- YIKES the garage is starting to look like something out of Sanford & Son.....

#1. invitation
#2. Death Star Piñata
#3. Ewok Village
#4. Jedi robes
#5. Jedi training course & games
#6. Jedi badges & party printables
#7. Jedi certificates
#8. Princess Leia hairpieces
#9. download Star Wars soundtrack
#10. Galactic Grub Menu

...but so far so good!
Now back to the cake.......

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute!! You are so creative! A-man is one lucky boy to have such an awesome party planner. And remember what I said about the cake! :)
    love ya kristy

    ReplyDelete