.

.

Monday, April 02, 2012

{Star Wars invitation...}

So much to catch y'all up on! First {and I say this through tears} PLEASE pray for my little A-man. He is going through some tough things right now & we need your prayers. I don't want to go into details, just know as a mother I am feeling helpless & anxious. I know that my God works miracles these days too so I'm asking for one. And like one gone mad.... I'm just sorta throwing myself into his party to keep my mind off of it. I have a list of things to accomplish before April 22nd {on a budget}.

#1. invitation
#2. Death Star Pinata
#3. Ewok Village
#4. Jedi robes
#5. Jedi training course & games
#6. Jedi badges & party printables
#7. Jedi certificates
#8. Princess Leia hair pieces
#9. download Star Wars soundtrack
#10. Galactic Grub Menu


*****


Tonight I finished up the invitation- Halleiujah!!! I started off making a light saber template & cutting them out of black poster board.


*****


Next I added silver ribbon- to make them look a little more authentic. After all- we are expecting some VERY important guests {some of whom are on the Jedi council- gasp}!


*****


Then I came up with my version of a "Jedi Tale" & printed it out on blue metallic card stock.

5 years ago in a Galaxy not so far away, a boy was born. His name is ASHTON and He is strong with the force.

His Jedi training is progressing well, but He needs the help of others. The Jedi Council has sent out a call for Younglings to learn the ways of the Jedi.


You have been chosen to join forces with ASHTON on April 22. Jedi Training will begin promptly at 3:00 pm at the Harris System of the Deercroft Galaxy.


Please advise the Jedi Council as soon as possible as to whether you will accept this challenge.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!




*****


Next I rounded off the edges & secured the saber to the handle with tape & a black brad {& a rhinestone=my sweet Priss insisted on it}. "Now they look really fancy Momma," she said!


*****


And this is what she looked like when she said it.... Oooooh the Sass!


*****


Finally- I added a little "PULL" instruction to the top- after I folded it.


*****


TA-DA!
So in the words of Yoda- "Finished they are!" My little A-man sealed each of them up with stickers & they are headed out tomorrow......






1 comment:

  1. I love these! How big was the template that you started with?

    ReplyDelete