.

.

Friday, April 13, 2012

{SCCS Cake Auction...}


is tonight! Yesterday the A-man & I made the 3 layers of homemade dark chocolate cake & the milk & dark chocolate curls {A LOT of them}!


*****

Today we made the homemade chocolate butter cream frosting {adored by ALL @ Harris house as you can see}!!


*****


We started with layer #1. Then added the frosting & milk chocolate curls.
**putting down strips of wax paper makes it MUCH easier to ice & leaves your cake stand pretty in the end**


*****


Layer #2- ahhhh I wish you could smell our house this morning. It makes we want to lick the walls!!!


*****


We added layer #3- then I iced it... GENEROUSLY!


*****


And added some of these little girls- fancy don't ya think?


*****


But... ribbon makes everything better!


*****


My official taste-tester says "Momma I'm gonna bote {vote} for your cake, even if it is American Girl Dollish!" I love his loyalty!!!!


*****


But... it still needed something extra. After all - we are trying to raise $$ for our school Y'all. We need OVER-THE-TOP right? YES that's better! FEATHERS + more icing on top + dark chocolate curls= PERFECT!!!
**I made the cake stand by gluing a cake plate to a punch cup- total cost $2.00**


*****


The auction is sure to be a HUGE success. Parents & staff have been procuring gifts & prizes for months. And the cakes are gonna be out of sight & Yummy too. It's a win/win. You get a prize & cake. My SIL told me that American Girl donates dolls to schools sometimes as their philanthropy. I took a chance, wrote a letter... and guess what came in the mail 2 weeks ago? YEP an American Girl Doll for the SCCS auction- yippee!! Only problem is- my little girl wants her..... I wonder what lucky family gets to go home with our cake & the doll??? WISH US LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**And if you live around here- stop by & BID on a cake!!**


No comments:

Post a Comment