.

.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

{Cooner's surprise 60th...}


No doubt most of you knew all about Cooner's big 60th surprise party....  I have been working hours on it over the past 2 months and last weekend... it finally happened!  NO thanks to Indiana's crazy weather and having to re-route to New York City- for crying out loud!  All I wanted to do when Delta called and told me that my flight was canceled... was to call Cooner.  But- I couldn't :(  Alas we pulled it off.  I have the best friends, Aunts, cousins, and second mother's {friends of Cooner's} that you can possibly imagine.  THANK YOU everyone for ALL of your sweet touches to make the party the HUGE success that it was!  


*****


The decoration were a labor of love....  but they came together beautifully.  We used hot pink and black.  My very favorite things were the chalk boards, the chandeliers & the party hats with her pictures on them- precious!!


*****


Daddy was beside himself trying to get her there on time & not spoil the whole thing..  



*****


This is Cooner and her bestie Brenda {I practically lived at her house growing up}.


*****


We are single handed-ly bringing "corny back"- ha ha.  We danced the night away... although I missed slow dancing with Jo-bo.  And Prissy would have led the Cupid shuffle- ha!



*****




Cooner with all her girls :)  They crack me up!!  But.. when they met me at the hall to decorate and started asking me what to do??  I died laughing wondering what Cooner would say/have them to do... then started delegating- Cooner would have been so proud!



   *****

The WISH JAR was a huge hit too!  Instead of a guest book I asked each of her guests to write a birthday wish and put into the "Wish Jar".  We read through them early into the next morning... and I'm sure she will read and re-read them many more times!!!!


*****




It was a party that she'll never forget... and one that still makes her cry. 
 I ADORE you Cooner!!!



*****


P.S.  This week I'm hosting a jewelry party for a dear friend, overhauling the Master, and have just finished up painting the dining room & front door {gasp}.  Can't wait to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment