.

.

Thursday, March 07, 2013

{new paint, old friends, & fun jewelry}


Last night I hosted a Jewel Kade jewelry party for my precious friend {or should I say stylist- ha} Kay.  It was just the motivation I needed to get the house geared up for Spring....
I FINALLY chose a paint color for the front door {only took me 3 years}.  I settled on a color somewhere between Ben Moore "Spirit in the Sky"- THANK YOU Jenny & Ben Moore "Everglade"- THANK YOU Catherine!!  


*****


Kay was my preceptor many many moons ago when I was a new nurse.  She is one of those women who make you better & who you can call on anytime.  I LOVE her!   And she has always been SUPER cute & stylish :)  JK is lucky to have her! 




*****



I could hardly sleep the night before thinking of recipes I wanted to try and the skirted table cloth that I needed to make- yes these are my thoughts around 3 am....  I didn't get to the table cloth, but like always she made everything fancy.  Isn't her little set-up adorable??




*****



The jewelry is precious {just like her} and can be personalized- which makes me adore it even more. These are a few of my favorite JK things...  




*****



Then as I was spring cleaning the A-man's room I raised up the bamboo shades, took down the roller shades, & removed the mini blind.....  First time I've cleaned the inside of his windows in about 5 years {gasp}.  We are a smidgen on the vampire side around here clearly!  The result- beautiful-soft-natural light!  It makes his room so much happier and he can actually see to build those tiny Legos.  He hugged my neck off and praised me for "giving him natural light"..... Then Prissy chimed in "Momma, may I have some natural light too?"  No words I tell you..... 


*****


What better way to say "thank you for coming" 
to your friends then with fresh tulips all around- I adore them!!!


*****


And speaking of friends... aren't these ladies beauties {and a little cameo from sweet Prissy- who was the perfect little hostess right along side me}?  I rarely see them in anything other than scrubs {although Stephanie came from work and still looked beautiful}.  And with their hair down & with jewelry...  They are the sweetest gals & it is a pleasure to work along side of them!!


*****


The dining room got some paint and it's L-O-V-E!  I tell you- pure LOVE!! 
 Gone is the gold and here is a soft gray......



*****


Kay gave me this sweet coffee table book... cause she is the epitome of southern charm and brings a gift when she visits {Cooner does that too}.  I love it - and it looks spectacular paired up with my new little junk store find. I'm loving magnifying glasses these days- who knew? 


*****


One of the big foodie hits was this Greek Dip!  TO-DIE-FOR- guaranteed!!  
{1 8oz cream cheese softened- layer on 1 container garlic hummus & crumble on 1 small package of feta cheese.  Then top with halved cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber peeled and diced, & 1 small can sliced black olives}.  I served it with whole grain pita chips.... and we licked the platter clean y'all!!!!!!!!!!  YUMMY


*****


So fun!
 THANK YOU ladies for coming out- 
I'll see you Saturday...






No comments:

Post a Comment