.

.

Friday, March 29, 2013

{the master....}

I have not fallen off the face of the earth... sorry for the delay in updates.  We have either been out of town, painting the house, running to ballet recital practices, or doing so many other little things that y'all would not believe it {or maybe you would cause you're a Momma too}.  The Master bedroom as been my constant obsession these last few weeks..... but I'm excited to show you her progression!


*****


Let there be light- sans a ceiling fan!!!  And we painted the room {Sherwin Williams magnetic gray} it is clean and sultry all at once & I adore it!!  Also since the bed was a flea market find and the headboard is mounted to the wall.... while it was down we moved it.  I must say that seeing a bed when you walk into the room is such a focal point.  Changing furniture makes any room seem brand new instantly .


*****


I had our monogram put on a sham- 
cause every room needs both
 a touch of black & a GIANT monogram in my opinion...


*****


Then I went to ikea {for the 1st time- GASP}.  It was wonderful & not so much- all at once.  But by the second time- it was just wonderful :)  I decided on these soft white Lenin curtain panels.  They are a great bargain & are just the look I was going for. They soften the shades and brighten the room. 


*****


I only wish that you could see & really truly appreciate my curtain rods and rings... They were a labor of love!  Have y'all priced curtain hardware lately?  I hadn't & was shocked.  Normally I would have used PVC pipe??  But I wanted rings so that required actual rods that required actual finials which require $money$...  But I do LOVE them!!!


*****


And I read where a plant in your bedroom helps you sleep {which I need} and increases your life by 7 yrs on average....  But really I just love green and wanted some color in the corner :)  And how about my little horse oil print from Goodwill for $1.98.  I have a crush on her right now...  Joey thinks she looks funny on the wall all by herself, but I know she's sorta a loner like me.  And I intend on finding her some friends soon....


*****


Prissy leaves her little touches throughout the new room too...


*****


and in the bathroom when I get home from work! 
 I adore her!!!! 
 She makes my heart actually smile.


*****


And...  because I know you will be as shocked as me... Am I the only one that didn't know that Hobby Lobby had curtain panels???  They do- these chevron beauties came from there & I'm smitten!


*****


I have found a few super fun treasures lately.  The garage is full of potential- ha ha.  And that, my sweet friends, is why you haven't heard a lot from me... 


*****


And most importantly- 
Happy Holy Week!
 I pray you are taking time out {we have tried to be even more intentional this week} to bask in our Savior's love!!!  He is good and He has risen!!!




3 comments:

  1. Touche. Solid justifications. Keep up the good work.


    Here is my homepage ... fitness tips of the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.
    This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

    my web-site :: Biotechnology and Bioengineering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. Looks beautiful We are considering magnetic gray as our main house color. It looks very green here and I thought it was more of a blue green. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete