.

.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

{on using the good stuff...


Where are Jimmy & Alfred when you need them?
Today in the spirit of Spring time & cleaning.... I'm polishing the silver.  I rather like polishing my silver {mostly plated and cheap tag sale finds... but none-the-less}.  It reminds me of my grandmother and her getting ready for Christmas dinner & using the "good dishes".  The ones kept in the secret cabinet in the parlor room... where I played school nearly everyday of my childhood.  But.. then it makes me wonder why we only used them for "good"? And why I do the same thing???  I seem to do the "very best" for company and not my sweet dear ones that I see everyday...  Am I the only one that puts good tea towels out for company and threatens her children that in the event of needing to wash their hands- "please use the everyday towels hidden in the closet!"  Someone save me from myself!!!  And help me to cherish the days I have in the season of life... and use the "good stuff" more!


*****


After all.... these are the best of the best in my book!  Well worth my efforts and definitely deserving of "good stuff".  Bring on the Hazel Atlas ruffly dishes folks- we are using them tonight!


*****


Happy Weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment