.

.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Twas the night before Kindergarten....

and all through the house.  Not a creature was stirring... not even my spouse- he he.  He could sleep through anything- no matter how sad or heartbreaking the situation might be.  
I wish I were a smidgen more like him....
 but clearly...
 I am not.


*****


{A-man on his 1st day of Pre-school}
I have packed and repacked their lunches {snack for man child} he dare not stay all day yet.  I get one more year of eating lunch with him!  PRAISE JESUS for 1/2 day Kindergarten & teacher that is precious.  Prissy had the same one.  I {heart} her!


*****


I pressed and repressed 2 uniforms tonight.  I think extra creases on their sleeves makes people see that they are adored by someone... And that's my Grandma Sissy coming out of me- "queen of the iron" she was.  They don't make that kind anymore sadly.  
But not to worry... 
I am reigning on in her absence.


*****


Tomorrow we will be doing the traditional doughnuts before the 1st day thing, paparazzi before, at, & after school.  I can't wait to share.  I've been at school a A LOT this week helping the teachers move into their new classrooms and organizing {my favorite thing- no kidding. I would have loved decorating my classroom if I had been a teacher}.  And let's just say I have all of my parent service hours done and we are just getting the school year started.  
We are blessed to have our school, the headmaster, the teachers....
 I wonder if they know how blessed they are to have my little ones?

I miss them already... I wonder if Kindergarten needs an assistant?


*****


This was my Prissy on her big 1st day of Kindergarten...


*****


and both my babes on her 2nd day..  I mean really?? The cuteness kills me.


p.s.  The little A-man has been very anxious about the whole having to wear a belt thing at school....
 So I made one :)  that may or may not be regulation... It sorta snaps on- no over-rated little bar to have to carefully put in a teeny tiny hole all the while wondering if you remembered to latch the stall door :( kind ...  
The things I do for the ones I love!


*****

and speaking of doing for the ones ya love- Papaw made this fabulous custom Lego shelf for A-man when they were here.  It is WONDERFUL & holds tons of his prized possessions....  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  It makes his room seem ginormous & he adores it!!


*****


They could be found {together always} either out in the garage wood working together or curled up  watching war movies....  I know what can I say???


*****

Okay.. I'm off to bed.
 Or maybe gonna check their bags one last time...



No comments:

Post a Comment