.

.

Friday, June 25, 2010

"my thoughts on forgiveness"


Lately I have been thinking about life & how I am ALWAYS learning from my kiddos. They make me want to be better, kinder, & sweeter. They remind me of my imperfections- sometimes daily. And as humbling as it is to apologize to one of them (sometimes daily too) I want them to be able to see the "plank in their own eyes" one day too! So... when my young, beautiful, longing to be grown, & all to wise to this world daughter asked me "what makes grown-ups not talk to each other? Don't they read the bible?" I smile with my face @ her wise words, yet my heart cries wondering the very same thing! "I do not know the answer to that sweet stuff" I say. "But I am praying believing that He who breathed this world into existence is carefully working ALL things out even as we sleep." I wonder how we as adults can expect to show Jesus is we aren't listening to Him ourselves? I heard it once said that "when a child learns that adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent & when he learns to forgive, he becomes an adult.....

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was YOU.


Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.



No comments:

Post a Comment