.

.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"VBS"


This week the kiddos & I have been busy BUSY with VBS! I knew that Priss would adore it, but I wasn't quite sure about my little A-man?? He is however 3 & potty trained.... so I enrolled him... & guess what? He adores it too! Everyday he tells me a little more about what they do (mostly that he loves the snacks & that "there aren't any cars there"- I crack up @ that remark DAILY!) But the things that really make my heart happy is the sound of the children singing their hearts out for Jesus (I cry EVERY single time- you can ask Ashley D. about that..). They are so free in worship & they sing with everything that is in them! It has inspired me to play more christian music in the car & @ home. The Shane & Shane song called "When I think about the Lord" has really kicked me into gear about where my priorities need to be.... The chorus goes something like this:

When I think about the Lord.

How he picked me up

Turned me around.

Placed my feet on solid ground...

It makes me want to shout "HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS! LORD YOU'RE WORTHY OF ALL OF THE GLORY AND ALL OF THE HONOR AND ALL OF THE PRAISE..."

What are you waiting for? Turn OFF The TV & put on some praise music-
you'll LOVE it!!!!!

p.s. and did I mention that we suspended our cable for awhile (I didn't even know that you could do that?). We are gonna see how much we need miss it!!!! I'll keep ya'll posted on our progress...

1 comment:

  1. dearest Ashly & Kids, I was so moved by your story of VBS. You were so moving crying at the singing Sounds like me. I loved the picture as well. Keep it up we love it here in good ole"Indiana. Love you peaches, Cooner

    ReplyDelete