.

.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

career day {101}

So... I got the news from A-man's teacher Tuesday that "Career Day" is today.... I asked my little precious to the core {and that's the truth- I {heart} my little sweaty-headed boy} "what do you want to be when you are big?" He said with NO hesitation "A Lego Builder!" I know I struggled with this one... but I remembered the note from his teacher & how it said "let THEM decide & be SUPPORTIVE".... I do think that I tend to "help" them a tiny bit in their decisions... but it's worked out beautifully so far- ha ha ha!!! Anyway I think the hardest part of his choice was that I how no clue how to portray a "Lego Builder"... but then I watched him play...


*****


I looked at his tiny little fingers digging feverishly in his big Lego box for just the right block...


*****


Then I watched him make the most wonderful planes... BETTER than most adults I think!


*****


and I started looking around his room... It's now FILLED with Lego creations {and he's saving even as I write this for a new Star Wars plane}....


*****


So I swallowed my selfish pride of wonderful occupations & got out my glue gun!!!
I took this little apron from a Lowe's Hardware free clinic...


*****


and put a red felt patch over the Lowe's part {sorry... but that cramped our style!}


*****

N
Next I {with the help of Prissy} spelled out LEGO {or at least we tried..} and hot glued them to the patch. And "YES {I will give you the same answer as I did the A-man}, the glue does come off."


*****

...and what
"Lego Builder Master"
is compete without a name badge??


...and I promised that he could wear his Lego head-light too! He hugged my neck twenty times last night at bedtime..... I'm SO glad that I went with his idea & NOT mine... Thank you Lord for giving me wisdom- even in the tiny things!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment