.

.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

4th grade Medieval Feast


Well....  after the 2nd grade Egyptian Period Study, then the 3rd grade Greek Feast... I knew it was coming...  the 4th grade MEDIEVAL FEAST!  So- I've been collecting silk, satin, velvet, silver, & any and everything that says "Medieval" to me for the past year.  Y'all my attic was chalked full of all sorts of fun.  I had a blast this year, I think somewhere not-so-deep inside of me is a Guinevere of Camelot gal :)  And with the help of Cooner & some other moms we pulled off a pretty stellar feast!  


*****



First we needed a stage.  The children were expected to come to the Medieval Feast in full costume & prepared to share something from that period.  I used my old dining room drapes to backdrop the stage that we had made out of wood pallets- FREE!


*****


The tables were draped with burlap and mesh wire ribbon cut into place mats set the scene for a King's table.  **p.s.  Pizza Hut donated these little pie plates. They were so kind & made the whole table look fabulous!**


*****


I embossed these little place cards & made the programs into scrolls {complete with wax crayon seals- courtesy of A-man's broken ones}.


*****


I couldn't get over how much paper was & we needed 50 {actually 67- sadly the RSVP is dead here in the south}.  So I used resume paper that I had & wood stained them with furniture polish- hence my to-this-day stained fingernails.....


*****


The kiddos had a blast- and did an AMAZING job!  They wrote plays, recited poems, played instruments, sword fought, & taught us about weapons from the Medieval Times- SO FUN!  


*****


And... they had to come up with a castle to display at the feast too.  I put Prissy & Joey in charge of this months ago.... but Cooner came in and bailed them out :)  It was spectacular & won 2nd place in the students choice vote! **A-man wants me to mention that he let Prissy "borrow" all of his Knights & animals for the castle that he in return got to keep after the judging**


*****


My pig was a success!...  And even though she is just a bleach jug & newspapers- I just couldn't throw her away... So I packed her up with my other treasures & now she lives in the attic :)


*****


The food "scape" all courtesy of Cooner- isn't it beautiful?  Everyone LOVED it!  I cannot even begin to say "thank you" to my sweet mother who {as always} helped me well into the night... MANY nights!  I adore you Cooner!!!! I have no idea what 5th grade holds.....


*****


P.S.  Happy Birthday Aunt Michelle- 
can't wait to see you next week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment