.

.

Monday, November 26, 2012

I am thankful for.....


.. homemade Indian hats! Especially little ones made with his little hands!  I had to work Thanksgiving Day.... so we celebrated with some of our favorite friends on Friday!  



*****


  I made these little turkey place card holders.  They turned out pretty cute.


*****


And these little pilgrim hats/crayon holders were the perfect addition to the kiddos table- {that Joey covered with Trader Joe bags}.  They colored as they ate & clean-up was even easier :)



*****


But I think they liked wearing them even better :)  The kiddos play more like brothers & sisters.  They know their ways around each others' rooms.  They crack me up how they know when something is new or moved around.


*****

Anna loves all things girls- and she loves Prissy's lovees!  She bounces straight up to them when she gets here- we {heart} her!!!


*****


We had the traditional turkey, stuffing, cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, etc.  But Catherine made this beautiful salad with this fresh homemade cranberry dressing that made you want seconds... and thirds... and fourths!  She promised to give it to me & I promise to pass it on very soon.  {I plan on making it in Indiana when we go home for Christmas.} It is the BEST dressing that I have EVER eaten- y'all will LOVE it!!!!!!!


*****


Our guests brought a fancy bottle of wine.... that they found- ha ha!  The story makes me chuckle even as I write this.  And the fact that I took a picture of the price tells you I know very little about wine :)


*****


Joey was the Barista of the day.  He got to make coffee/lattes for our guests all day long {with his new espresso machine=b-day gift from me}.  I must say we are getting pretty fancy around here... Makes me almost want to try the stuff....   


*****


JP won the wishbone pull.... And thank goodness for that!  He wished for "everyone to have a great Thanksgiving!" While Prissy had wished for- "Uhm $1000.00!"  Heaven help us ALL!!!


*****


No comments:

Post a Comment