.

.

Friday, February 08, 2013

A-man's Arrow Valentine..

Prepare your hearts for quite possibly my favorite Valentine
 {next to Prissy's this year :) }  that we have ever made.....


*****


Step 1:: 
 A-man's part was collecting very straight sticks-
 which he took VERY VERY seriously. 
 Prissy & I brought him several that he turned down...


*****


Step 2:: 
  I made an arrow template out of cardboard.


*****



Step 3:: 
  Next cut out the tips & feather parts out of light pink, dark pink, & red {2 peices for each=front & back}..  Super easy & cheap!!


*****


Step 4::
  Next we glued the pieces onto the sticks...

*****


Step 5:: 
 Add the feather felt pieces.


*****




Precious.... and so are the arrows!
  Prissy helped every step of the way :)


*****



 Step 6:: 
 Next make the feathers look real..  
First I cut them by hand... 
then I tried the roller cutter= MUCH EASIER!!


*****


I mean really- could they get any cutter???  


*****


Step 7:: 
 Next we needed a little tag to personalize them a bit??  But it couldn't be anything cute or girly or lovey???  Cause the A-man.. he is NOT well for that sorta stuff :)  NO- to "My Arrow Was Meant for You" or "Straight to Your Heart" kinda stuff...  But "Cupid's Arrow *use with caution*"  that seemed appropriate :)  


*****

Step 8::
  THE TREATS~{no candy this year... 
there are several allergies in his class.}  
So we opted for: lip glosses for the girls...
{25cents each after Christmas sale @ Wal-mart}


*****


and finger lights for the boys... I {heart} his little dimply hands!
{25cents/3pack after Christmas sale @ Michaels}


*****


My little helper had to take a few Lego breaks... 
but he's cute so I let him!! 
 And after all- he was the mastermind behind the stick collecting :)


*****


The finished product!
~A-man's 2013 Arrow Valentine~


*****


I love the rustic look of the jute tied onto them too... 
 Sorta manly and cute all at once!

*****


And speaking of PRECIOUS- look who I found under that scruffy beard and long curly hair....  My hunky husband - who I think goes undercover {manly/grown-out-beard-looking} every once in awhile to look older for his patients...  I missed his face.. and I know my MIL and Cooner are happy to see it too:)


*****


p.s.   and I dumpster dove last week {gasp} and brought this little shelf home.  A-man's room has been looking a bit small from all the clutter/Legos lately.  I think the key to small rooms is to go up??  So shelving seemed the only option....


*****
I can't wait to share Prissy's with y'all next week-
I hope you have a lovely weekend...







No comments:

Post a Comment