.

.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Briefcases...


Happy Valentine's Day!
 I hope you are planning some fun for the ones ya love today...


*****


 This morning I am off to A-man's class party, then I'm off to Prissy's- YIKES!!  I am in charge of the "craft" {no surprise} for both parties :)  But not to worry- I am ready!  This year we are making Valentine Briefcases to carry all of their precious notes home in....


*****


I started out collecting boxes... 38 to be exact!  Shirt boxes, cereal boxes, UPS boxes, Amazon Boxes... I had NO discrimination!  Then I wrapped them ALL with gift wrap {or wallpaper or floral foil or market bags or.... you get the idea}.  I had a LOT of boxes to cover.  


*****


Then I cut openings in all of them with a carpet knife and added handles {from ribbon} to each..... And then {like one gone completely mad}....  I embossed all of their names on them.  **and now you know what you are dealing with here @ Ashly's ins {and} outs**- ha


*****


Prissy & HM got a hold of theirs this weekend.... 
but I'm sure they will be adding more to them today.  The possibilities are endless- beads, stickers, ribbon, felt, stamps, flowers, markers....


*****


I couldn't hardly help myself... I practically finished most of A-man's class {but I'm bringing lots of stickers for them to add}... They were just so much fun!!!  And I decided to keep the glue gun in the car for his party {only Prissy expects that out of me- wink wink}.


*****


A-man's is just his style... + mine- married together :)  He added the stickers... and I added the bias tape!!  He has NO idea what that is, but he LOVES his briefcase :)  He can't wait to give out his little arrows today.  Me on the other hand- I've grown a bit attached to them...


*****


  I have 2 others crazy mommas waiting to help me- glue guns ready :) 
 THANK YOU Sandi & Jenny!!!!
 I hope Y'all have a FABULOUS V-day!!!!


*****

p.s.  IN folks- PLEASE do NOT mention the fact that you didn't get A-man's arrow when your little V-day treats come in the mail.... I was afraid they would get broken + they were to big to be easily mailed.  THANK YOU :)




No comments:

Post a Comment