.

.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

chocolate mouse Valentine...




Well trying to out-do our previous years Valentine is proving to be harder & harder. This year we decided to make something edible! After all, every party needs an animal???


*****



We decided on these little critters from Martha's website. We picked up some kisses, yarn, pink felt, pompoms, & google eyes {actually just the kisses- sadly had everything else..}. First we glued on the little noses.


*****



Next the tails- carefully unwrap the foil, tuck inside, & wrap in back around the yarn.


*****



Then cut out some felt hearts for ears & add them between the 2 kisses.


*****



Add the eyes... She liked the bigger ones!


*****



TA DA!!!!!!!


*****



Did I mention that I {heart} 8 yr olds as much as 4 yr olds???
I do!!!


*****



I couldn't think of anything corny clever to write on them.... I thought about "Rodent you be mine?" or "You're so mice Valentine"? Then Prissy swooped in & said, "Momma how about Cheese be mine?" "PERFECT- my love" I said! And that's just what we did!!!


*****



We put them into some fun little pink frilly favor boxes {cause presentation is 90%- right?}.


*****



And added some conversation rings that we made here. The boys got some Star Wars chocolate coins & the girls got... well lip gloss of course! Prissy wouldn't have it any other way & besides I found them after Christmas on clearance for 20 cents each!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment