.

.

Monday, February 07, 2011

....the {updated} office

I have had a little itch to re-do a room {and that's not any easy task while your house is on the market}! So I rummaged around & found some new furniture {I love the hunt for the perfect pieces} @ tag sales & picked up a view new accessories too..... Here is the NEW and I think MUCH improved on office!!!!


*****

before...
I once {pre my fetish for WHITE furniture} loved the look of dark wood, now I think it looks a bit strong in a small room all side-by-side. Plus- this set came from Target & is about 10 yrs old now & I sold it & used the $ to buy the new stuff- yeah!!!!!


*****


now after...

Ahhh- this pic is from my new camera {of which I am still trying to master- just add that to the list- ha ha ha}. I used an old mirror {$10.00 because the gilding was broken- but I fixed it with play dough... more on that later} & transformed it into a chalk board for a bit of art. {Cooner is still against it- but I love it! So- it's staying for now, at least until I leave the house to pick up Prissy today- wink wink}.


*****



And this desk is just the perfect little VERY durable piece for this wall. I love all of the details down to the inside walls of it... And it was $20.00- very well worth the money once Joey gave it a little wave of the paint sprayer & the chair too. The Lamp is new too- NOT my favorite but the price was right- $18.00.


~Here she is before~
NEVER shy away from a good wooden piece
because you don't like the color.....
~TRUST ME~

{p.s. the piano bench is for Prissy's room. I snagged it up for $4.00}


*****



I think this bookshelf is my VERY favorite thing in the room.
It too is from a tag sale {$20.00}


& just needed a little paint & some pretties {however this room is home to all the "ugly" books who happen to be paper back & mis-match.... but I still love the look of them paired with some other MUCH more pleasant pieces.


*****



The light is the best deal we found. I first saw it @ Lowes {on Thursday} to the tune of $128.00, but that was WAY out of my budget. Then I went to another Lowe's {on Friday} and guess what???? It was being clearanced out & I snagged it for $32.00- score!!!!!!{when we bought our home
- 9 yrs ago- it had {no lie} 9 ceiling fans....
Now we are down to 2- PRAISE the Lord!!!!!}




This is my very sweet husband who hung it for me on Super Bowl Sunday {and all the while still managed to look manly with A-man's Lego head light on}!!!


*****



Okay- maybe this is my favorite piece!!! Birdcages are my ONE weakness & who says they can't be functional? I am using this one to store wrapping paper in. It was my most frivolous accessory- $20.00 {but I really only bought her & the roses so I have NO regrets!!}.


*****



And.. I finally have the perfect spot for the $5.00 find from last spring. This little nightstand looks precious paired with the Blue sofa that I built the room around!!!


*****



So here is what we did:
new furniture= $40.00 {for the desk & bookshelf}
curtain= $30.00 {JCPenney- thermal white}
1 new lamp= $18.00 {clearance @ the Maxx- it has a little dent in the shade}
giant chalk board= $10.00
Light fixture= $32.00
Accessories= $25.00
____________________
Total= $155.00
{minus} - $100.00
____________________

*$100.00 for the furniture that I sold {I said make me an offer & she said how about $100.00 for all 5 pieces (2 bookshelves, 1 file cabinet, 1 desk, 1 hutch?}. I VERY graciously offered to load it for her!!!


TOTAL room re-do in a weekend= $55.00
My feeling of accomplishment & joy= PRICELESS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment