.

.

Friday, September 23, 2011

{Holy-ween Harris style...}


I just finished putting up the Holy-ween decor {cause Cooner has had hers out for 2 weeks now & I'm feeling a bit of pressure- ha ha}. However I have NOT transformed my chandeliers into centerpieces with fall foliage & the like as she has this year. I swear the woman is a machine! No doubt if she were here she would have fashioned some one-of-a-kind-from-Asia mantel out of sticks & pine cones...... But not to worry, she's coming next month- YEAH!!!!


*****


I added some food coloring to some water to given the mantel a bit of orange.



*****


Cooner sent us this "Book of Spells" years ago. It talks when you open it- the kiddos adore it!!!


*****


A-man quickly found his dollar tree pumpkin {I made holes in it where Mr. Potato Head has holes last year} & helped himself to his accessories...



*****


... and Prissy finished up hers as soon as she saw his!



*****


creepy crawlers all around



*****



This is the pillow that I thought I needed to make out of a t-shirt {someone shoot me now} =
1. nearly cutting my finger off with my fancy new cutter
2. A-man nearly getting a concussion from dragging my vanity seat over to get me a band aide & almost falling in the toilet
3. swallowing my pride & admitting that I did need stitches Dura-bond {thank God for my ER nurse neighbor who had some on hand}
4. realizing that it really should get stitched up, but finding out {after having a surgeon look @ it Saturday} that I missed the "stitches" window...
5. going with steri strips for 2 weeks & praying that I might be able to wash my hair again with 2 hands!!!!



*****



And what Spooky scene would be complete without a black bird in a cage {he is from the dollar tree last year}???



*****


And my October is never complete without Martha's Halloween issue . I'm gonna curl up with it tonight!!! Bon weekend mes amis!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment