.

.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{polka dot burp cloth tutorial}


A few years ago my friends had a baby-boom! Needless-to-say that meant baby showers & most of them were having #2 or #3 so I had to get a bit creative {on a budget}! I started making polka dot burp clothes. I loved them so much that it made me want another baby... so I got one & made him some too!!!! Now it seems that the baby-boom has hit again, only this time I'm NOT getting caught up in how cute they are- ha ha! I still think these polka dot cloths are the perfect accessory for every outfit {when you have a tiny one that is} & the perfect baby shower gift too....


*****

First start off with some plain old fashioned cloth diapers. I usually get mine @ Wally, but I found these @ TJ Maxx {make sure to get the reinforced middle kind- they absorb more}.


*****


And because I found out the HARD way that cheap acrylic paint {45 cents a bottle} once applied to fabric- will NOT ever come off. It is the perfect solution to this project.


*****


I lay one out right on the counter & start making my dots {I usually do 2 colors, but you can do as many as you like}. Then I carefully flip it & go back over the dots on the other side too.


*****


Then hang them up somewhere safe overnight- {the only safe place in my house for these little cuties is my closet}!!


*****


Next wrap them up in some tissue paper & tie a pretty bow around them. I think it looks more professional + even more precious!!


*****


Finally wrap up the boxes & send them off with love....
***also these make the best cleaning cloths after your baby burping days are over!***


No comments:

Post a Comment